JOIN OUR TEAM
yogaRIOT is an innovative and fun place to practice and teach power yoga in Portland, Oregon. We teach hot power vinyasa yoga, inspired by the Baptiste method. We seek amazing people to teach yoga and join our team of leaders. We value people with training and experience, but we are also open to taking on apprentices who have training but less experience. Knowledge of power vinyasa yoga is a must as this is what we teach at our studio. All of our classes are heated between 90-100 degrees using infra-red heat.
In our studio culture, feedback is an important feature of how we grow as individuals and teaching staff. We believe yoga teachers are community leaders. As leaders, we are on a quest for feedback and growth. All teachers participate in the giving and receiving of feedback from other yogaRIOT teachers. We will teach the process for how we do this. As a bonus, all teachers are given a free membership. It is our desire to find teachers who value practicing in our studio as a community.
- Having at least two weekly, regularly scheduled classes on our teaching schedule
- Checking students in and basic computer skills to run the Mindbody software platform.
- Teaching 60,75, or 90 minutes in a 90-100 degree room
- Knowledge of point-to-point instruction. At yogaRIOT, our teachers do not practice with their class.
- Our classes are both in-studio and virtual, knowledge of Zoom is helpful.
- All classes are recorded and available on YouTube.
- Basic chores that include clean-up after class.
- Beginning and ending all classes on time.
- Knowledge of yoga pose names, sequencing, and alignment.
- Our classes are taught without music to allow students the space to connect with the sound of their breath.
- Covid-19 vaccination required.